My daily gratitude:
- I am grateful my brother is coming back into town this weekend.
- I am grateful for my OCD (sometimes). It makes me way more productive and focused.
- I am grateful for how easy my day job is so that it allows my mind to be calm and better able to focus on other things that matter to me.
- I am grateful for Skype as it allows me to stay close to my hubby when he is away and to stay close to my soul sisters.
- I am grateful for my skin clearing up! Sucks that I can no longer use lemon (the acne trigger) in my tea, but it’s worth it.
I really didn’t think over my top five “Must Do’s” from yesterday. I think I’m just going to leave them be, soak them up, and cross them off as I go (from the top 20). Sounds better to me. The picking of a top five was something I read from someone I follow online, so really it was their idea/advice and not mine. So with living authentically (my theme for 2016) – screw that advice. I don’t want to pick a top five, so I’m not! And that makes me happy.
As each day passes I bristle more and more at anyone dispensing advice or ideas that are meant to propel me forward or do the “right” thing. Most are well-intended, but at this point in my life I know what works best for me and what doesn’t. I know what makes me happy and peaceful. If I feel like I need guidance I will seek it out (which is why I love reading nonfiction). End of story.
I must also remember to pull back on the reins when I feel like I’m getting ahead of myself. Yesterday I started to get too wrapped up in this website (i.e. thinking of ways to improve it) and found myself getting tense and getting that familiar tightness in my chest that signals I am getting stressed. I’m grateful to have recognized it and immediately shut the computer off. Wisdom – eternally grateful for it.
Today is a great day! Calmness and serenity rule the day. Peace, love, happiness and harmony always….