Each day during my morning meditation I always focus on the things (and people) I am grateful for. After reading the suggestion from Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach, I’ve also included in my morning journal (which I do in addition to meditation) five things I’m grateful for each day. So this is how each of my entries here will open. Practicing gratitude is one of the first steps in learning that genuine happiness begins, and ends, with you. Without further adieu then:
1. I am grateful for the positive connections the universe sends my way. Whether short or long term connections, I recognize and act upon them quickly.
2. I am grateful to stay the course with my art based on my own judgments and desires. I am no longer bound by someone else’s definition of success – I live by my own definition. I live in the moment with no concerns or thoughts about what “may happen” in the future. Doing so is a pointless waste of energy.
3. I am grateful we are one day closer to spring! Woo hoo!
4. I am grateful for feeling better overall. My hip is healing quickly and completely.
5. I am grateful I have maintained my weight since August (despite not doing much cardio). Eating less sucks, but a necessity for the moment. I do love to eat though …
Even with an apparently good night’s sleep I still start to feel sluggish and ready for a nap around 10 a.m. I blame this mostly on the lack of cardio (although with my new stationary bike this should change), along with these short winter days. My doctor gave me an additional low-dose antidepressant to take in the evenings before bed but I haven’t been taking them. I hate having to take any more meds than necessary, but may start taking them until at least spring to see if they make a difference.
Have the day off so I plan to get some painting completed. maybe start a new colored pencil drawing. I may even do some glass painting – been missing it. First, a nap!
Peace, love, happiness and harmony always….